Studio supports a number of video formats for use in your AR experiences.
ZapWorks Studio supports playback of video in three ways:
- Full-screen streaming video - the 3D experience is paused while a full-screen video is played. The video must be hosted at a globally accessible URL.
- External video host - e.g. linking to a YouTube or Vimeo video
- Video texture - video playback is incorporated into the 3D video
Full-screen streaming video
The Zappar platform utilizes the operating system's underlying video support to stream full-screen video. The video must be hosted at a globally accessible URL. The following format is recommended for consistent playback across a range of devices and network connections:
- MP4 at or around 640px by 480px
- "Web-optimized" with the index at the start of the file
- Audio 22.05 kHz mono at 128 kbps
- Video should not exceed ten minutes in length.
Compatible full-screen video is launched from a script using the following line of code:
Linking to an External Video Site
Zappar's functionality for launching a web view can be used for displaying a video at an external video hosting site such as YouTube or Vimeo:
Video can be dragged into the Media Library for use as a material or skin on planes and other objects. Dragging a video file from the Media Library into the Hierarchy will automatically generate a Plane object and assign the video file as its material. For more information see the Video in the 3D View article.
Next article: Preparing Alpha Video