If you are self-hosting your Unity experience, you will have to register the full domain name with ZapWorks in order for the license check to complete successfully. Registering your licence checks that you have an active ZapWorks plan, and enables us to count views for CPV calculations. This check takes place when the Universal AR library is initialized.
Self hosting requires an enterprise plan. For more information, please get in touch with us.
If you'd like to self-host your content, there are a number of recommendations we make to ensure the best experience for end-users:
- You need to register your domain name with ZapWorks so that it passes the license check. For more information, head over to the Universal AR Licensing article
- You must serve the content over HTTPS (due to browser restrictions surrounding the camera)
- Files in the Zappar library ending with the
.wasmfile extension should be served with the
- Several files in this library (and likely others in your project too) compress well using
Content-Encoding: gzip. In particular you should serve files with the following extensions with gzip content-encoding:
You do not need to register if you're hosting your experience:
- with ZapWorks (a
- locally for testing (with the one of following hostnames:
- on your local network (with the one of following hostnames:
- using ngrok (a
For anything else, you'll need to register your license with ZapWorks. To register your app or website, select the Distribution hub tab on the left menu of your workspace.
In the Universal AR Self-hosting dropdown, click on the + icon to add a new license, and select the type of project you are registering i.e. a website, a native Android app or a native iOS app.
In this same modal, you'll need to specify the identity of the project this new license will be tied to a Hostname (web), Package Name (Android), or Bundle Idenitifier (iOS), as well as a short description of your choice.
Please ensure that the identity you provide on ZapWorks exactly matches that of your project.
Clicking Create will add the license to your list allowing the app / site building process to continue.
By default, all workspaces have access to 10 licenses for iOS and Android. The automatically generated free licenses are available for locally hosting (testing) web projects. For more information on publishing and hosting, please refer to this article.