Which Tool Should I Use?
ZapWorks provides a choice of tools with which you can create your augmented reality content: Studio, Universal AR, Designer, Designer (Legacy), and Widgets. The features of each of these tools are outlined below.
Regardless of the tool, most experiences can be viewed within the Zappar app, or Zappar’s WebAR platform.
With support for 3D models, custom animations, and a variety of tracking types, ZapWorks Studio is our most powerful tool for building immersive AR experiences.
- Create world, face, or image-tracked experiences, as well as mixed-reality content for ZapBox.
- Build gyro-oriented environments and 360-degree panoramas.
- Support for animated 3D models in a variety of common formats.
- Support for alpha video (videos with transparency).
- Add user interaction to your experiences with Actions - no code needed.
- Fully optional TypeScript environment for more control over your content’s behaviour.
For more information check out the ZapWorks Studio documentation.
Universal AR is Zappar’s best-in-class computer vision libraries including image, face and instant world tracking available as SDKs for a wide variety of platforms and languages.
- Use a range of familiar languages to build your experience, such as Unity, Three.js, and A-Frame.
- Support for a large number of features, showcased in our example project library.
- Target experiences for the web by deploying with WebAR.
- Support for face, image, and instant world tracking types.
- Self-host your project as part of our enterprise plans.
For more information check out the ZapWorks Universal AR documentation.
Designer gives you the platform to create immersive augmented reality in just a few clicks. Whether you're looking to bring your print to life or add interaction to your static content, it can all be done with our easy-to-use tool.
- No coding required!
- Support for popular media types including images, videos, audio, and 3D models.
- Animate content with a number of built-in scene and content transitions.
- Support for both world tracking and image tracking scenes within the same project.
- Set up user-interaction to link through to a website, save a contact, and direct to socials with just a few clicks.
- Add transparent videos to your projects with alpha video support.
For more information check out the ZapWorks Designer documentation.
ZapWorks Designer (Legacy)
Designer (Legacy) is our browser-based offering and allows you to easily create image tracked experiences by dragging and dropping multimedia content onto a canvas.
- Easy to use drag-and-drop functionality.
- Build multi-layered experiences with scenes functionality.
- Support for images, videos, and audio files.
- Add on-tap interaction to your content to create interactive experiences.
For more information check out the ZapWorks Designer (Legacy) documentation.
The Widgets tool makes it extremely simple to create AR experiences by providing a templated layout that tracks your content to your project’s trigger. Simply upload your content and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Support for popular media types including images, videos, and audio.
- Link through to an external website, create calendar events, etc. with button templates.
- Preset content animations - no manual setup required.
For more information check out the ZapWorks Widgets documentation.
Activating Legacy Tools
By default, ZapWorks Designer (Legacy) and Widgets will not appear on your workspace as an available tool. To enable these tools for all users on your workspace, simply navigate to your workspace settings, scroll down to Legacy tools and tick which tool you wish to appear.
Conversely, if you don't wish for Legacy tools to appear as an available tool, you can remove them by unchecking the tick box.