Asset Preparation - Pet Shop Business Card
In this video series we will take a typical AR business use case, a business card, and show you how the three ZapWorks tools can be used to create their own unique experiences.
This video will discuss the objectives, asset preparation, and tracking image design, key components vital to the success of any AR campaign.
AR campaigns should be treated the same as any other design or marketing campaign with the campaign objectives at the forefront of all decision making.
The goal we've set for this business card is to drive footfall and website traffic for the owner of a recently-opened fictitious pet store.
In the case where you or your client already has brand assets and guidelines, these can be used in the design of the project and the tracking image, helping shape the experience.
With a clear set of objectives and a knowledge of the brand, we can begin thinking about the individual experiences, utilizing the strengths of each tool:
- The Studio project will make the most of the animated 3D capabilities of the tool.
- The Designer project will feature video prominently.
- The Widgets project will focus on the links the user will click on.
The Three Tools
The three projects work in different ways to meet the campaign objectives with varying levels of complexity and time required to complete:
- The Studio project requires the greatest investment of resources to create but offers the most feature-complete experience.
- The Designer project lacks the 3D models but makes great use of the existing 2D assets and has a quicker turnaround time.
- The Widgets project is the least flexible but offers the quickest creation time and can be used even without existing assets.
Tracking Image Design
Existing artwork is a great way to form the basis of a tracking image's design, in the case of a business card you already have an existing design.
In order for the design to work as an AR experience we need to:
- Add a zapcode.
- Create a call to action encouraging users to download the Zappar app and scan the code to unlock the experience.
Additionally, a customized zapcode that fits better with the overall design can be impactful and making sure the contrast of the overall image is high, improving the tracking when scanned by the end user, is important.
As we are creating three separate experiences we need three tracking images each with their own unique zapcode.
Before jumping into the tools it's important to think of:
- The goals and the creative ideas to meet those objectives.
- The assets we have and which ones we need create.
- The design of our target image with zapcode and call to action.
Use the links below to be taken to the individual project videos:
Asset Pack Download
Click here to download the assets.